I am lucky enough to have been invited to give a talk at this year's Cocoon GT.
I am giving the talk in collaboration with Ross McDonald, Senior Architect of European Application Development for VNU.
We are talking about LDAP and Cocoon.
Here is the rough outline :
Real life, down-to-earth Cocoon and LDAP :
- what is LDAP?
- why and when to use LDAP?
- why might LDAP, and integration with Cocoon be perceived as difficult?
- the setup and use of LDAP
- some useful LDAP tools
- a real world demo, hooking up to Mail clients
- the setup and use of Cocoon's LDAPEntryManager
- how to use the LDAP component from your own code
- empowering developers/designers to build LDAP applications
- a real world demo, hooking up to a web application
- some tips and tricks for large scale LDAP instances
- questions session
I will post links to the slides etc when they are done :-)
Hope to see you there .....